Facebook just updated its app and made a really annoying update which most of the users are hating. Before, On Facebook, if you came across any video then the video will start playing itself with the audio muted until you tap/click on it and open it.
How to stop auto video play on facebook
This was good and bad for some people but it wasn’t that bad but now Facebook made another change to these videos and now when you come across any video, it will play automatically but this time the audio will be played instead of being muted.
Disable Auto play
But don’t worry, there is still to stop the videos from auto-playing with music. All you have to do is make a little change in the App Settings on both iOS and Android and disable the video and audio from playing automatically. To learn how you can make that slight little change, read below on how you can do this on both Android and iOS.
How to disable audio and video from Playing Automatically on Facebook(iOS):
- Open Facebook and tap on the Hamburger icon from the bottom menu.
- Scroll down and go to Settings > Account Settings > Videos & Photos > Autoplay.
- Now, you can select the option that you think is suitable.
- Now, go back to Account Settings > Sounds.
- Turn off the toggle for Videos in News Feed Start With Sound.
That’s it! Now, the videos won’t autoplay and also if they do so(based on your settings), the audio will be muted.
How to disable audio and video from Playing Automatically on Facebook(Android):
- Open Facebook and tap on the Hamburger icon from the top menu.
- Scroll down and go to App Settings > Videos in News Feed Start With Sound. Turn off the toggle.
- Scroll down and look for Autoplay.
- From there choose the settings that you think is suitable for videos autoplay.
That’s it! Now, the videos won’t autoplay and also if they do so(based on your settings), the audio will be muted. If you have any question or queries then leave a comment below.
Our Next Article will be on: