So, you got bored of your old iOS and want to update to the latest version to avail the features but you are jailbroken then what to do? Well, today I will be showing you;
How to remove Cydia from your iPhone?
There are actually two methods to remove Cydia from your iPhone. The first method involves a iOS tweak called Cydia Eraser which removes the Cydia from your iPhone. It will un-iOS your device and restore it to the same firmware it was jailbroken on.
Cydia Eraser is now a very popular tweak and it was first released for iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4 jailbroken devices. What this tweak does is that it removes everything related to Cydia and restores your iPhone to the firmware on it was and gives it a fresh install. The best thing about this tweak is that you won’t have to upgrade to the latest firmware and remain on the same firmware while deleting everything related to Cydia such as its tweaks and other things.
If you want to sell your device then this tweak would be a great solution for you as your device will restore to the same and it will be un-jailbroken. By doing so your device will have a bit more value as many people want a jailbroken smartphone so, with Cydia Eraser you can stay on the same firmware and then sell it to someone who wants a jailbroken device with more features.
Before proceeding there are some points that you should know:
- The tweak works with iOS 7 to iOS 9.3.3 jailbroken devices as of now.
- Cydia Eraser requires an active internet connection.
- Please make a backup in case if something goes wrong.
- Your device must have enough battery so this process won’t interrupt.
- You will lose all of your previous data on the device.
- Launch Cydia and search for Cydia Eraser and install it.
- After the tweak is installed, press the home button and there you will find a new app icon called Eraser.
- Read the instructions and then tap on erase all data, uniOS device if you want to continue.
- A prompt will show, tap on Erase All to continue.
- Now the process will start and your device will be forced to reboot several times during the process. Just let it do what it is doing. Don’t restart the device manually.
After the process is completed, the device will be restored and the Hello screen will be shown. From there you can activate and set your device as fresh or restore from a previous backup that you made.
If the tweak Cydia Eraser is somehow not compatible with your firmware then using iTunes would be ideal in this situation. By Using iTunes all the traces will be cleared and it will also allow you to install the latest firmware that is signed by Apple at that time. So, by using this process you may lose the current version of firmware if it is no longer signed by Apple.
This method will require the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC and an active internet connection.
- Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac and then connect your iPhone to the PC using Lightning cable.
- Select your device when it will be shown on iTunes.
- In the Summary tab of the device, you will see a blue button with Restore iPhone option on it. Click on it to continue. A prompt up will be shown, Click on restore to complete the restoring process.
- The process may take a long time depending on your internet connection. After the process is completed, the Hello screen will be shown on your iPhone and then you can continue setting the device.
These were two easy methods by which you can remove Cydia from iPhone and the un-jailbreak your device.
Did these two methods work for you? If you faced any problems then let me know in comments below.