The new capacitive button has a taptic engine which provides feedback depending on which task you are doing and how much pressure is applied. Due to lack of physical button, hard resetting and putting your iPhone 7 into DFU mode is quite different from previous versions of iPhones. Below we have mentioned the way to put your iPhone 7/7 Plus into DFU mode.
How to put iPhone 7 into DFU Mode
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone 7/7Plus to PC using the lighting cable.
- After connecting, turn off your iPhone.
- After you iPhone has been turned off, press and hold the Power button on the right side of your iPhone for 3 seconds.
- Whilst you are holding the Power button, press and hold the volume button on left side of your iPhone. Keep holding both buttons for 10 seconds.
- If by doing so you see the Apple logo then you may have pressed the button for too long. If you don’t see the Apple logo then continue. If you see the Apple logo then start over.
- After holding the power and volume down button for seconds, release the power button and keep holding the volume button for another 5 seconds.
- If you see the “Plug into iTunes” screen on your iPhone then you have pressed the buttons for a long time and have to start over again.
- If you don’t see anything, just a black screen then you have successfully put your iPhone 7 into DFU mode.
- On your PC you will see a message showing that iTunes has detected iPhone 7 and it will be allowed to restore.
DFU(Device Firmware Upgrade) mode allows any device to be restored whether in any condition it is. It should be used for troubleshooting conditions.
The method to put your iPhone 7 into DFU mode is quite different from previous versions of iPhone but after some time you will get used to it.
Did you face any problem during this procedure? If yes, then let us know in comments below.