We all were waiting for a stable iOS 10 jailbreak release and now the iOS 10.2 stable jailbreak is out now. In this post, I will be showing you how you can Jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch on iOS 10.2. Before continuing you should know that yalu102 is still in beta but this is more stable than the previous releases but it still has some bugs.
The hacker behind this release, Luca Todesco is currently working on this jailbreak and doing his best. The public full version will be released soon. If you still don’t want to risk then it is recommended that you should avoid jailbreaking until the public version is released.
iOS 10.2 beta 3 Compatibility:
Following devices are compatible with iOS 10.2 yalu jailbreak beta 3:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Pro
- iPad mini 2, 3 and 4 (64-bit models)
- iPod touch 6th generation
If you are using iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2, you can jailbreak your devices on iOS 10.1.1 or earlier.
Before you proceed you need the following things:
- Cydia Impactor
- yalu102 Jailbreak tool (beta)
- 64-bit iOS Device with iOS 10.2(iOS 10.1.1 in case of iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Air 2)
Steps to Jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 10.2
- Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer/Mac using the Lightning cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor tool on it.
- Now locate the yalu102_alpha IPA and drag and drop it on the Cydia Impactor tool.
- It will give you an “Apple Developer Warning“, press OK to continue.
- Now you would be asked to enter your Apple ID credentials. Enter your Apple ID and password.
- After the process is done on your Mac/PC then head over to your iDevice.
- Open Settings -> General -> Device Management and there you will find your email address. Tap on it.
- Now from the next page tap on the Trust option then a popup will show up. Press Trust again to continue.
- Press the home button and from the home screen launch the yalu102 app.
- After the app launches, tap on Go button from the app.
- Now, your iDevice will reboot and after it starts again you will find the Cydia installed and you would be able to enjoy Jailbreak easily.
That was it, folks! Now you will be able to use Cydia without any problem and you will have a jailbroken device and will be able to enjoy all the jailbreak features. You can also download your favorite tweaks from Cydia.
If you have any problems or issues then leave a comment below.