Apple introduced the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus and introduced some new features into these smartphones. One of the features of the new iPhone7/7 Plus is that they have a new pressure sensitive button powered by Taptic Engine instead of a physical home button.
The new pressure sensitive is capacitive but still, it gives you the feeling of a real home button due to the Taptic Engine. So, you might be wondering that how you can take screenshots in iPhone 7/7 Plus? Well, it actually works similar to previous devices. Follow the steps below to learn how you can take screenshots on your iPhone7/7 Plus.
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
- Press the Power Button on your iPhone 7/7 Plus.
- At the same time press the Home Button.
- If you press both the buttons simultaneously then the screen will blink and you will hear a shutter sound. It indicates that a screenshot is taken on your iPhone.
However, if you fail to press both the Power button and Home button at the same time then your device may either lock or Siri will be invoked. So, you will have to press both the buttons at the same time.
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 7/7 Plus using Assistive Touch
If the aforementioned method seems hard for you although it isn’t, you can always take screen using Assistive Touch by just a single tap on the Screen. Before this, you will have to enable Assistive Touch and also set Screenshot as one of its functions.
- To enable Assistive Touch, head over to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Assistive Touch.
- Turn on the Assistive Touch.
- After you turn on the Assistive Touch, you will find a new option “Customize Top Level Menu”.
- Tap on it and open it.
- There a list of icons will show up will different labels. Tap on the Custom button with the star icon and a list of functions will show.
- From there look for Screenshot and tap on it to select it.
- Now you can always take screenshots using the Assistive Touch. All you have to do is open the Assistive Touch Menu by tapping on its button and then tap on the Screenshot button and a screenshot will be taken on your iPhone 7/7 Plus.
You might be interested in:
- How to set up Email Accounts on iPhone? | Full Guide
- Keyboard Freezing in iOS10? Here’s how to fix it.
- How to get paid apps for free on iOS and Android?
- How to change the iPhone 7’s Home Button Intensity
How to View a Saved Screenshot
- Open the Photos app from the home screen.
- From the bottom menu, tap on Album tab if you aren’t on this tab.
- Scroll down and look for Screenshots album.
- Tap on it and there you will find the saved screenshots.
- If you want to share the screenshot then you can tap on arrow icon at the bottom left and there a list of third-party apps options will show to share the screenshot.
That’s how you can take screenshots on your iPhone 7/7 Plus. This method is similar to the older iPhones. But if you want to put your iPhone 7 into DFU Mode or want to Hard Reset it then the method is different from the method of previous devices. If you want to learn how you can put your iPhone 7/7 Plus into DFU mode or want to Hard Reset it then read our articles: