It is annoying that we are doing some work over the Internet and the videos start to play them. Not only does that produce sound but for that, we also have to scroll all the way to the video and then go back to what we were doing and if we are on data then the video auto-play means extra data consuming and this auto-playing just drains all the data quickly which is a big problem.
Prevent Video Autoplay
So, Today I will be guiding you How to Stop Chrome Auto-Playing Videos. The process is pretty easy and I will be explaining that How to stop videos from playing automatically on PC, Android, and iOS. So, let’s get started.
How to Stop Chrome Auto-Playing Videos on PC
- Open Chrome on PC.
- Click on the menu icon(Upper-Right hand Corner).
- Now, select settings from the drop-down menu.
- Settings Tab will open.
- Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings.
- There you will find Privacy Section. From there Click on Content Settings.
- A popup will appear. From that scroll down to Plugins section and select Click to Play and then click on Done.
How to Stop Chrome Auto-Playing Videos on Android and iOS
- Open Chrome on your Android / iOS device.
- Tap on the Settings button and from the menu tap on Settings.
- Now, tap on Site Settings.
- Scroll down and look for Media and tap on it.
- There you will see Autoplay option.
- Tap on it and then toggle the slider to off.
Disable HTML5 Autoplay
This is the process that you can perform to Stop Chrome Auto-Playing Videos. Video Auto-Play is really annoying and on mobile devices, it consumes a lot of data and these videos aren’t related to the content. Follow this process to Stop Chrome Auto-Playing Videos. If you have any kind of problem then leave a comment below.