One of the most important factor when buying a new smartphone is its storage as on storage we store everything on storage. A smartphone with low storage can turn the buyer off from buying it and consider about any other smartphone. Most of us depend on phone storage to store our favorite songs, pictures, videos and applications. A good smartphone should have at least 16 gigabytes of storage as the operating system also take some storage.
Nowadays most smartphones have quite good internal storage and there is also the option of Cloud too but there are still SD Cards available and they have quite a bit storage at a reasonable price. Using SD Cards is one of the ways to max the storage and store more things on your smartphone. If you are going for an SD card(if your smartphone supports it, most of them does) then you should also want to move the apps from internal storage to SD Card. The process of moving apps from internal storage to SD Card is quite easy and doesn’t take much more than 60 seconds.
Now, let’s get started!
How to move apps from phone storage to SD Card
Steps may vary depending on your device.
- Launch the Settings app from your home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down until you see Application Manager or Application Management option depending on your device.
- There you will see three tabs, running, downloaded/installed and all. Tap on downloaded and from there select any app that you want to move from phone storage to SD Card.
- The app screen will be displayed and there will be many options such as Clear Cache and Force Stop or Uninstall the app. There you will also see Move to SD Card.
- Tap on Move to SD Card and now the app will move to SD Card if you have inserted one.
Keep in mind that some device doesn’t support the moving of apps to SD Card so, depending on your device this would not be available. You will be able to access the app page on application manager but you won’t find Move to SD Card option. This happened to me on my Oppo Neo 5, I didn’t find the Move to SD Card option.
It should also be noted that not all the apps can be transferred to the SD Card. This is for pre-installed apps such has YouTube, Chrome, GMail, Play Store and others. So, if the option Move to SD Card is grayed then tapping on it will do nothing and the app will remain on phone storage.
Do you store things on your phone storage, SD Card or use the cloud instead of both? What do you think should be the base storage for any smartphone? Let me know about all these things in the comments below.