Adding a passcode to your iPhone is what everyone does to increase the security of your device to prevent anyone from sneaking into your device. However, sometimes we may forget the passcode or kids may enter the wrong passcode which will lock down your iOS device.
After that you get the error “iPhone is Disabled ” Error and even after that you enter the wrong passcode then the iPhone will be disabled and you will be asked to connect your device to iTunes. However, you needn’t worry about it as we have got your back as we will guide you to iPhone disabled fix without iTunes.
How to fix iPhone is Disabled Error?
If you enter the wrong passcode for more than 5 times then you will see the following error: iPhone, iPod or iPad is disabled.
For the first few attempts, it will give you the chance to re-enter the passcode in a few minutes but after you keep making failed attempts, it will give you the message that “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes“.
There can be three situations in this case:
- You had your iPhone synced with PC/Mac and there is backup available.
- You had never synced your iPhone with PC/Mac and don’t have a backup available.
- You have a backup made in iCloud.
Fix#1: iPhone is synced with iTunes and Backup is available
If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes on any PC/Mac and you have the backup available then you should try out this iPhone Disabled Fix.
- Connect your device to PC/Mac with which the iPhone is synced. iTunes will open up automatically in case it doesn’t, you should open it.
- Enter the passcode if asked.
- You can then either make a recent backup or restore from the last backup.
- After the restore process is completed, the iPhone disabled error will be fixed.
Fix#2: iPhone is not synced with iTunes and no Backup is available
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes and don’t have any backup available then you should lead with this iPhone Disabled Fix. This is a long yet easy fix for iPhone is Disabled error.
If you connect your iPhone directly to PC/Mac then you will receive the following error on iTunes: “iTunes can’t connect to the device because it has a passcode applied. Enter the passcode before it can connect to iTunes”. The simple method doesn’t work here and you will have to do something else before you can use your iPhone again.
You will have to put your iPhone/iPad into Recovery Mode and then restore it with iTunes.
- Press and Hold the Power button to bring up the Power Off Slider. Slide to switch off your device.
- Launch iTunes on your PC/Mac and connect the lighting side of the cable to the iPhone but don’t connect the other end of the cable to PC yet.
- Now, Press and Hold the Power Button and Home Button while connecting the other end of the cable to PC(make sure that iTunes is opened on the PC/Mac).
- Keep holding the Home and Power Button and wait for the device to turn on.
- Keep holding the button even when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- When you will see “Connect to iTunes” screen then here you should let go of the buttons.
- iTunes will say that an iPhone has been detected in the recovery mode.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
- If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.
- After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device and iPhone is Disabled error will be fixed.
Fix#3: iCloud Backup/Find my iPhone
If you have an iCloud backup available then you can restore your device using that. You can also use Remote Wipe feature of Find my iPhone to reset your iPhone and fix the iPhone is disabled error.
These are the easy methods by which you can fix the iPhone is disabled error without any problem. If you have any question regarding this then leave a comment below.