If you want to back up your iOS Device, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then below is mentioned on how you can create the backup of your iOS Device and use it if it gets damaged, lost, broken or you want to replace it with a new one.
Before getting started you should know that there are two methods to make iPhone backup. Either with iCloud or iTunes. If you can’t make with one method then you can always try the other method. Both methods are very easy. So, let’s get started.
How to backup iPhone using iCloud
- Connect your device to a working Wi-Fi Network.
- Open Settings and then scroll down and look for iCloud.
- Open iCloud and then tap on Backup.
- Now turn the iCloud Backup Toggle on.
- If you want to create a backup right now then tap on Back Up now.
- To confirm that backup is made, Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device. The backup should appear in the details with the time and backup size.
iCloud also automatically backs up data each and if you want to enable it then you have to:
- Turn iCloud Backup on, Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Your device must be charged.
- Your device must be connected to a Working Wi-Fi Connection.
How to backup iPhone using iTunes
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac.
- If iTunes is installed then it will open up.
- A message will be shown on your iOS device to Trust This Computer. Follow the given instructions.
- Now, your device will appear in iTunes.
- Select it from iTunes.
- After it connects, iTunes will create a backup itself.
You can also set from iTunes whether the iPhone should backup automatically using iTunes or iCloud. If you have any question then leave a comment below.
[This guide is taken from Apple.com]