Before you downgrade to iOS 10.1.1, make sure to create a backup via iTunes or iCloud.
This method will wipe out data from your device and it will be restored from a backup.
How to Downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10.2:
Before proceeding, it is must that you have downloaded the iOS 10.1.1 firmware file(.ipsw). You can download it from the end of the post.
- Turn off your iOS device and Plug it into your PC.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds and while doing that press hold home button too along with power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button and keep holding the home button until you see a popup on iTunes showing that it has detected an iPhone/iPad/iPod in recovery mode. Click on Ok to continue.
- Hold Option/Alt on Mac or Windows PC and click on Restore iPhone.
- Browse and select the iOS 10.1.1 .ipsw that you download earlier.
- Click on Restore and Update to continue further.
- A new screen will appear, click on Next and after that Agree. The screen will have information about the iOS 10.1.1.
- iTunes will take about 10 minutes or more to verify and install the software on your device.
- After the procedure is successful, you will see the Halo screen on the device and you can then set up your device.
Now, your iOS device will be successfully downgraded to iOS 10.1.1. from iOS 10.2 and now just wait for the jailbreak release by Luca Todesco. If you get an error or any problem then you must have downloaded the wrong firmware version for your device.
How did it go for you? Did you face any problem in this method? Let me know in comments below.
iOS 10.1.1 Download Links:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (6th-generation)