By default in iOS, the messages are shown as a preview on lock screen with Sender’s name and few lines of the messages or even the whole message if the message is short. Most people don’t want others to read their private conversations. So, if you want to hide your conversations from a certain someone from lock screen then there is a way by which you can remove the Messages preview from the lock screen and prevent certain someone from peeking into your conversations.
Disable Message Preview on iPhone(iOS 10)
To disable the Message Preview on your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
- Open Settings on your iPhone/iPad and scroll down and look for Notifications.
- In Notifications menu, look for Messages and tap on it.
- After you are in Messages section, scroll down and look for ‘Show Previews‘ option and turn it Off.
That’s it! Now, whenever you receive a text messages or iMessage next time then it won’t show the preview of the message but now Text Message or iMessage will be shown under the sender’s name.
Most of you might be thinking that “Okay, I have disabled Message Preview but What about WhatsApp or Messenger?”
Well, for other messaging apps, the preview option is not available. It is only limited to Messages app but what you can do with them is that you can remove their notifications from Lock Screen, so the notifications won’t pop up on the Lock Screen.
To do this,
- Go to Settings -> Notifications -> WhatsApp.
- Scroll and Look for Show on Lock Screen.
- Toggle the Slider to Off.
That’s it, Guys! If you have any kind of question regarding this article then leave a comment below and I will help you regarding that.